Home Virtual Garage Sale Etsy Store Blogs I Browse Knitting Challenges & Sketches

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fun Weekend

What a great weekend.  Friday night I got to go to a Scrapbook crop night.  I met some new friends and had a blast.  Hopefully I will get to go again soon.  They were having it all day Saturday too, but I didn't get to go!  My hubby loves to hunt and since he works hard all week, his hunting day is Saturday.

While he went hunting on Saturday I took the kids to the fall Festival in Christiansburg.  We had a lot of fun, but it got a little chilly.  It warmer when we left the house so we only took sweatshirts.  By the time we got there it was a lot cooler, so we didn't stay as long as we wanted too but we did get a few fun things in.

We went on a hayride twice.  Madison thought is was awesome...Carli was just there because we were..hehee.

 After the hayride we had to go check out some other festivities.  We found bracelet making and face painting.  Of course neither wanted to do the same so we did both.

It really was a fun day and the girls enjoyed themselves.

Today, Shawn asked if I wanted to take a ride out on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Basically it is a two lane road with pull offs so that you can see the beautiful views.  Of course this time of year is the best since the leaves are changing.  My favorite time of year!   We packed lunches after lunch, grabbed our sweatshirts, and my camera and headed out the door.  It really was a nice drive.  We stopped at a few pull offs, checked out the view and took some pictures. Below are a few pictures we took while out on the road.





It really was a great day!  After our drive it was back home for dinner, laundry, and getting stuff around for the week.  The kids are not thrilled about school tomorrow, but other than that a great weekend!

post signature

3 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

great photos!!!! looks like a great time!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

magnificent views!!!! love the fall colors!!!!
tfs:)

Justie said...

Nice photos it looks like you and your family had a good time. I was wondering how did you get the scrapbook.com button. I want to put it on my blog so if people visit my blog. They can just click on the block to go to my profile on scrapbook.com too?

Justie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...