Home Virtual Garage Sale Etsy Store Blogs I Browse Knitting Challenges & Sketches

Sunday, March 24, 2013

This weekend

Yesterday was a very busy, busy day!   Unfortunately my husband's SUV decided have major problems.  I knew when he couldn't fix it we were in trouble.  He can fix almost anything.  When his truck before that died he had the whole engine torn apart in our driveway and rebuilt and running again.  So when he said he couldn't fix this...yep I knew we were in trouble.  So off to the shop it went and the estimate to fix was well over the amount of money the vehicle was even worth. So...this is what we ended up with.




 One good thing is it will definitely be very well used over then next few years as we get our land cleared and ready for us to move to out in the middle of no where.

 After getting the truck we went out to our land and this is what we found.  This whole area was covered with cedar trees not even 2 days ago. This is the acre that we had cleared and the future site of our temporary trailer will go while we save money and decide what to do for a more permanent house.

This picture below is what the cleared land looked like before the land was cleared.  ALL trees.  



so that was our busy day.  I am excited that we are another step close to living out at our land.  now to get our septic, electric, and our temporary trailer.  Right now we are paying rent and mortgage (paying off the land).  So it will be awesome not to have the two payments...and be living out on the land where it is peaceful and quite.

Then, this morning we woke up to this....



Yep...snow on March 24!  Welcome SPRING!  More than likely this means a school delay or cancellation tomorrow.  We shall see!
post signature

2 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

hello, my name is Teresa Kline...I am also from VA...I am about 2 hours north of you. We are just getting sleet now, be safe! I like to follow my VA friends, have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Dash Interiors said...

Oh.My.Gosh! Love this!
Great blog here so excited to follow along!
Your newest fan,
Ashlee@ABpetie
http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...